Monday, February 4, 2013

Hiking Iron Mountain

Super Bowl Sunday....we hiked early in the morning in order to be back in time for the game.  Absolutely beautiful day.

B-a-a-a-a-a




It's hard to tell from the picture, but you could see all the way to the ocean.  Amazing view!

Someone made a little rock sculpture - cairn art - I love it.





Now I'm all about following sign rules, but this one made it very difficult.

Shadows fascinate me.


 
Saw this sign as we were LEAVING - really helpful.  Next time I'll know what to do if I encounter a mountain lion.  Right after I pee my pants.


From my world to yours - just a frame away,

-Donna

4 comments:

  1. Challenge of the day - obtain stones for throwing at mountain lion WITHOUT crouching. Sounds tricky.

    On a scale of 1-10, how difficult was this hike? One that I could handle? The views are pretty, but really I just want the opportunity to take down a mountain lion. Roar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were to encounter a mountain lion, I would definitely want you with me. That poor guy would turn around and high-tail it!!

      Delete
  2. That sign clearly states 'No Pictures'! Love the blog and photography, can't wait to see more.

    k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pictures!! That's why everyone was giving me dirty looks!

      Delete