Friday, August 2, 2013

Walking My Neighborhood #6....and Mom's 92nd Birthday

First things first - on July 23, Mom (Nana to some of you), turned 92.  We held our annual small, relaxing celebration with my sister, Joan, in Irvine at friend, Barbara's beautiful condo.


These quiet celebrations are always marked with LOTS of relaxing.....







champagne......



 and wine.......






and after a bit of drinking, there can be games like 'can you touch your nose with the tip of your tongue'......



birthday presents.....




and just enjoying the beautiful view.







Happy Birthday, Mom!



Back at home, these are the sights I have seen while walking my neighborhood.







The following three photographs were all taken from approximately the same vantage point at a freeway overpass.  I think there is a life lesson to be taken from these.  It has something to do with where we place our focus.   If you're feeling contemplative, you can provide your own takeaway.  If you're not, just enjoy the photos and move on.





















































  












































Just as much as I love the sunshine and flowers, I am totally enamored with the full moon.










From my world to yours - just a frame away.  

- Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment